Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not-Postcolonial Links of Interest

A couple of links to Brain Pickings came on my Tumblr dash today, which I got a huge kick out of, and thought you might too:

A List of Don't for Women on Bicycles circa 1890 - Personally hilarious because I used to be a huge cyclist as a kid. I'm especially fond of "don't wear loud-hued leggings," "don't ask, 'what do you think of my bloomers?'", "don't try to have every article of your attire match" and "don't scream if you meet a cow. If she sees you first, she will run."
(The last one is dear to me because it reminds me of a late-night drive with my best friend, and we decided to drive around Putrajaya, which was very new then, so quite abandoned-looking. And we did come across a cow on the road.)

A Map of the Woman's Heart - An actual map, my God!

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don’t cultivate everything that is up to date because yon ride a wheel."

    Love this. Just because you're now uber advanced and understand that concept of wheel-technology, please don't think you should go out and buy an iPad. If this is what they told cavemen then I think I've discovered why we don't all have personalized jet-packs by now. D=

    politiciansathogwarts.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete